Royston Glass Ltd Privacy Notice
Royston Glass Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as "Royston Glass", "we" or "us" in this notice).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Royston Glass, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Royston Glass is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This notice, which applies whether you visit our Factory and Showroom, or visit us online at roystonglass.co.uk or texturedglassdesign.co.uk, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How We Use Your Data
Royston Glass Ltd uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- offer related goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Royston Glass to manage customer service interactions with you;
- business management and planning, including accounting and auditing;
- education, training and development requirements;
- to prevent fraud;
- to ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution;
- equal opportunities monitoring; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Royston Glass uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent).
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in; and/or
- contacting Royston Glass directly by email (email@example.com) or by Post (Royston Glass Ltd, Unit 3 Park Spring, Springvale Road, Grimethorpe, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 7BQ).
Sharing Data With Third Parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include delivery service providers.
Royston Glass only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Royston Glass will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Royston Glass may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with Royston Glass; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
How We Protect Your Data
Royston Glass is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- security controls which protect Royston Glass IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
What Can You Do To Help Protect Your Data?
Royston Glass will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Royston Glass asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Royston Glass and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘My Account’, and selecting ‘edit your password and account details’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to access the personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you; and
- the right to request erasure of your personal information.
- the right to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post – Royston Glass Ltd, Unit 3 Park Spring, Springvale Road, Grimethorpe, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 7BQ.
Legal Basis for Using Data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Royston Glass collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Royston Glass, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Royston Glass, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Royston Glass;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Royston Glass; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about how Royston Glass uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01226700027;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com or
- write to us at: Royston Glass Ltd – Customer Services, Unit 3 Park Spring, Springvale Road, Grimethorpe, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 7BQ.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.