Royston Glass - Coronavirus FAQ's
The current situation means there are many questions to be asked. See the Frequently Asked questions below, which hopefully will provide some clarity on Royston Glass’ position. This page will be updated as the situation continues to evolve.
Our full office and production team are currently working. However, we are experiencing significant order volumes - please bear this in mind when placing your orders, and booking appointments, giving us as much time as possible. Fast track manufacturing facility will not be available at this time.
Q: Is Royston Glass Open?
A: Royston Glass is pleased to advise all our customers that we currently fully operational. In line with government guidance we continue to:
- Communicate regular updates on protocols and advice with both our suppliers and throughout the team
- Prevent unnecessary travel
- Work flexibly and utilise home working
- Limit meetings and utilise IT solutions
- Adopt proactive sanitizing regimes
- Maintain social distancing
Q: What infection control measures have Royston Glass put in place for Survey & Installation appointments?
A: Royston Glass are aware that our clients may seek assurances prior to allowing us access to their homes for works to be completed. We will talk to you about the safeguards we have put in place when we schedule your appointment, but below are the measures we have put in place.
These measures include but are not limited to:
- Avoiding touching work surfaces and handles etc.
- Wearing all relevant PPE including gloves, face masks and eye protection
- Opening windows & doors to provide ventilation
- Sanitising when work completed
We will also need you to assist in ensuring your home is safe for our staff to work. You will need to ensure you:
- Clear the area of the kitchen where our staff will be working. All surfaces should be clear and sanitised before we arrive.
- Leave our staff alone in the kitchen /work area to undertake their work in isolation. This will ensure the government advice on social distancing is followed.
- Ensure the food and drink required for the period we will be at your home has been organised so that you will not be coming into repeated contact with our staff.
- Allow 1-2 hours for Survey Appointments
- Allow 2-3 hours for Installation Appointments
- Royston Glass MUST be advised if you or someone you live with is self-isolating (due to exposure to, or suspected infection of Coronavirus) prior to any site survey or installation appointments.
Please note that if anyone at your property is self-isolating because they are symptomatic, Royston Glass will unfortunately not be able to attend. The safety of our staff is paramount and we are not prepared to attend appointments where risk to our staff is high.
Q: What infection control measures have Royston Glass put in place for collections and deliveries?
A: Royston Glass would like to assure our customers that we have rigorously adopted the precautionary measures recommended by the UK government within our organisation to prevent the spread of the virus. In support of this, and to protect both yourself and our employees, please be advised that the following collection procedure has been put into effect for collection at our head office until further notice.
- The main gate to our compound will be kept locked until further notice.
- When you arrive to collect your order, please pull up to the main compound gate, and walk to the main reception entrance and seek attention via the intercom.
- The office will speak to you via the intercom and alert the goods despatch team to your arrival. Please return to your vehicle and await a member of staff who will unlock the gate to allow entry to the yard.
- Please pull into the yard and remain in your vehicle. Our staff will place your order onto a pallet in our designated collection/delivery area.
- Remain in your vehicle until our staff member has retreated from the collection/delivery area.
- Please load your glass. Your collection note will be waiting for you on a clipboard in the collection area - please sign and leave your signed collection note on the clipboard.
- After loading, please return to your vehicle. Once inside, one of our staff will re-secure the gate behind you.
Please allow extra time when you come to collect to allow for these infection control measures. The latest arrival time for collection will be 4.00pm to allow sufficient time for collection until further notice.
Please also be advised that in support of company infection control measures, our staff have been advised to avoid hand shaking or close contact with customers during this outbreak. Please do not be offended by this measure – it is designed to reduce potential transmission of Coronavirus and with the safety of both you and our staff in mind.
Royston Glass Own Van Contactless Delivery
- We will stay at least 2m away
- We won’t ask you to sign a Proof of Delivery note
- Paperwork won’t change hands
- The delivery driver will sign the POD, with your permission and on your behalf
- Any shortages or issues must be reported withing 24hrs of receipt.
Royston Glass Courier Delivery
We use Parcelforce to deliver our products where own van delivery is not possible. Parcelforce have advised the following changes to their delivery procedure are effective until further notice.
“In order to protect both our people and customers as much as possible, we will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture electronic signatures. Our drivers will instead log the first and last name of the person accepting the item and we will record the geolocation of the delivery. This will apply to all deliveries that normally require a signature.
If recipients are unable to come to the door or are self-isolating, we will post a customer contact card in the normal way, advising of other ways the recipient can arrange to get their item. For example, by getting a friend or family member (who is not resident with someone who is self-isolating) to collect the parcel from their local Parcelforce depot or Post Office branch, as specified on the card. They will need to bring along the card we left and a form of ID in the name of the person the item is addressed to. Examples of suitable ID are specified on the card.”
Q: Is the Showroom open to customers?
A: Royston Glass are pleased to announce that our showroom will be re-opening from Monday 12th April.
Please be advised that viewing of our showroom will be by appointment only until further notice.
Please call us on 01226700027 to make an appointment.
Our office and customer service staff continue to work and are happy to answer your queries. You will be able to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and by telephone on our usual contact number (01226 700027). If you do need to speak to us please may we ask for your patience. Please make use of our answer service and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Staying positive at this time is so important. We appreciate all our customers and suppliers who have continued to support us during this extraordinary time.
We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.